Saturday, May 23, 2009

Neighbourhoud Garden

Northern Bedstraw
American Goldfinch Adult Female Breeding
Jesse planting Cucumbers
me planting Pumpkins
Jesse raking
Jesse raking
dad shoveling
A few weeks ago we found a neighbourhood garden and we were welcomed to join, so we went shopping today at "Walmart". We bought several seeds and a few plants; consisting of mostly vegetables and some wildflowers and fruit. Although most packages of seeds are usually only $1.79 we spent about $50.00 including tax just on seeds alone! When we came home, we brought all of our gardening tools and rode our bicycles to our garden. We moved the grass, tilled the dirt, leveled it out and planted the seeds for about 3 hours and we got almost half the amount of work done! Despite the time, we got a lot done.
Goodbye,
Birdman

5 comments:

omalois said...

I like your pictures Birdman.

I'm looking forward to sharing in the crops that will be produced from your hard work. There's nothing like freshly grown vegetables.

Ruth said...

I used to plant vegetables in a public plot years ago. I hope you like to eat vegetables! :-)

JRandSue said...

Birdman, for a youngman you've got yourself a very nice Blog.
Well done,happy birding.
John.

AMIT said...

Wow lovely nature pictures.

Alternative energy

Unknown said...

I just found your blog from a link. Incredible pictures on your Point Pelee National Park post. I can't imagine seeing that many different birds on one trip.
I do a gardening blog but also do birds now and then and wildlife as we always have a yard full of deer munching on what they think is a salad bar I planted for them. Many elk nearby also.
You are an amazing young man and how enlightening to read that you are out doing something besides staring at games on a screen.
I love when my Grandsons visit and we go outside and watch birds or they love puttering around our yard and they've even planted seeds now and enjoyed watching them grow.