Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Backyard Birding

Northern Cardinal singing.


American Robin and Common Grackle fighting.
White-throated Sparrow eating by my birdfeeder.

This evening after school I had no homework, so, I got to birdwatch. I saw many birds including a new one in my backyard. The White-throated Sparrow! It was very tame or at least it seemed to be. I took lots of pictures of it but I only show my best ones on my blog.

Here is a story I made up, and I sent it to my cousin Ruth this morning. I think it will make you laugh. This story is writen about my second picture on this post.

American Robin says: Hey, Mr. Fluffy Pants, get out of here! Common Grackle says: No, Mr. Grumpy Gibbles! American Robin says: Take that and that and that!!! Common Grackle says: Alright, alright can I at least get one of your eggs. PLEASE! American Robin says: NO! Common Grackle says: Just one tiny egg. American Robin says: No! AND BE OFF WITH YOU!

Anyone think that was funny? Tell me if you thought so.

Now back to my biring today>>>>>>>>>>> I saw the goldfinches and heard the cardinals today. My mom took the picture of the cardinal singing I took the rest. I was going to put the picture of a goldfinch on my blog but for some reason it didn't work. Anyway, the bird of today is the Northern Cardinal. And there's a very pretty picture on my calendar today. Of course, its the cardinal.

That reminds me of another pretty bird or a bird that people only think is pretty. THE BLUE JAY. I was researching about birds this morning before school. And I found this website about Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and Blue Jays. It said that Blue Jays appear to be blue but the sun makes them look blue. They are actually gray.

Anyway, I have to go for supper so bye until tomorrow.


13 comments:

Larry said...

I was going to ask you what the Robin and Grackle were fighting about but you already had a whole story about it.-Nice pictures.

The Becka said...

I liked your story Birdman! :)

I also didn't know that blue jays were actually gray...I'll take a closer look at one the next time I see one...

Ruth said...

I have been looking for a white-throated sparrow and haven't been lucky enough to see one yet. Your pictures are very, very good. (I know your mom took the cardinal one. It is very good too)

Birdman said...

Hello,
larry-The grackle wanted to have one of the robins eggs. Thanks those pictures were hard to take.

becka-Thanks, even if you look at Blue Jays close-up then can still apear to be blue.

body soul and spirit-A good place to see White-throated Sparrows is in a dense brush habitat. Did my mom e-mail you the picture of the cardinal?

omalois said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today, especially the conversation between the Common Grackle and the North American Robin.

Michele said...

I'm really proud of how well you are writing, and your pictures are great Sam.
Keep on making up stories like the one with the Robin and the Grackle...it made me smile :-)
You really have me interested in birds now! Who would have thought it.

Birdman said...

Hello,
omalois-Thanks for enjoying my blog and do you mean American Robin not North American Robin?

michele-I thought of the story by remembering about a funny story someone else told me.

The Roother said...

WOW...birdman, your blog boggles my mind! Great pics and stories...we figured out what bird was in our yard in AZ...it was a Roadrunner. Aunty Joan didn't even know there was such a bird (except in the cartoons!), so she got a real "kick" out of it. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Birdman, check out all these wonderful comments on your blog! you are doing great and love your photos you were able to capture!

Birdman said...

Hello, roother
Yes, the're is such a thing as a roadrunner but they are hard to find in Arizona.
Bye,
birdman

Birdman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

just checking

Anonymous said...

just checking