Thursday, November 15, 2007

Very Close Pictures(Part 2)

Here I am going to tell you the full story of these very close up pictures:

It all began when we went out to buy birdseed. There was a variety of choices and we chose a mix seed bag. Then we went home and I made many types of feeders including water bottle feeders. I put the seed in them and they came right away. So I decided to tame them, I brought out all the required birding supplies and I was ready to go. I waited for hours standing with birdseed in my hand. Then finally a very brave chickadee finally came and took some seeds. Since then birds will come to my hand. Including nuthatches. But I couldn't have done it without cousin Ruth buying some birdfeeder parts. Here is a edited video of them on my hand.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I wish I had some time to get the birds in my yard tamed. Good for you for working so hard to get them to come to you.

Birdman said...

Hello,
ruth-Maybe this weekend I could have some spare time to help tame your backyard birds.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting these guys to land in your hand! My birds know me "too" well and would never let me do this!

Birdman said...

Hello,
mon@rch-Thank you, but I'm surprised you could never do this!

Anonymous said...

the birds know me from banding them and they just yell at me when I come close!