Thursday, April 3, 2008

Adventures In My Back Yard

Pale Adult Female American Robin
Adult Breeding European Starling
Common Grackles
Ring-billed Gull
After school I went birding in my back yard. First I saw American Robin mates chasing each other. Then the male flew in search of food and the female stayed feeding for worms. Then it sung plurrri, kliwi, plurrri, kliwi repeatedly. Then two European Starlings came, they perched on a tree for ten minutes then flew. After that grackles and gulls came flying and I got some shots of them.
Birdman

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I saw my first grackles at the swamp after supper. And I saw a robin pull a worm out of the lawn. The ground is thawing quickly. Do you still have snow in your yard?

omalois said...

I'll be birding in your backyard with you next week:-) Have the robins started building their nest outside my "granny apartment" door.
Nice pictures once again.

Michele said...

I also saw a robin pull a worm from the grond yesterday! I think spring is here.
You and I need to go and get some pictures or birds before all the trees leaf out.

Mom

Chrissy said...

Nice blog. Love your pics.

Birdman said...

Hello,

ruth-Yes, there is still a little snow in our back yard. My mom and I saw many robins pulling worms from the ground.

omalois-Yes, I showed a picture of it on today's post.

michele-Most of the birds come when the trees start to leaf.

chriss-Thank you.

Goodbye,
Birdman

Anonymous said...

Sam, you did a wonderful job with this and love your photos! Keep up the great work!