Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Clean-up




Today, my family is cleaning up our yard. As we were working, I saw a dove and I felt like I was talking to it. First a Adult male Mourning Dove went ho ho how ho. I replied ho ho how ho. Then it replied ho hood ho. We did this over and over until that dove flew to my neighbours house. Then I noticed a robin siting on its nest ( last time I looked there were 2 eggs, but there could be more now). It FREAKED out when I came in the backyard. When we took a small break from cleaning up my dad noticed holes in the ground. He said that Song Sparrows problably did it. Then I told him that the holes in the trees were from the Brown Creeper that visited us earlier. After that very short break I played hockey with my brother and mom. While my dad raked the lawn. Our neighbours wanted to play hockey after they came back home but the couldn't. Boo who! I don't think they cried though.

Hopefully, tomorrow after church my family and I are going to the Toronto Zoo. Maybe even some of our friends could come with us. I'm probably going to bring my TriPod there. Last time we went there I saw some owls. They seemed to be tame but I know they aren't!! There is a yappy dog at our neighbours and its distracting me from writing so I have to go now... YAPP, YAPP, YAPP!

5 comments:

omalois said...

Clean-up days are a 'must' in the Springtime and it can be fun to do it as a family project.
Glad you took time to play street hockey. Your mom used to be pretty good.
Have fun at the zoo!

Birdman said...

Hello, omalois
How are you? I'll have fun at the zoo. I always do.
I have to go now
bye

Ruth said...

We usually have a robin's nest on our property, but I have not found one yet this year. It was a nice day for spring cleaning.

Birdman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdman said...

Hello, body soul spirit
Hope you find the robin's nest. I got really sick after I was spring cleaning. I think it was because I worked from 7:00am to 9:00pm.
But I feel better now so I think I can go to the zoo after all. How are you?
Bye,
birdman