Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Northern Cardinal

Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
Northern Cardinal Adult Male Eastern
This evening, as I was finishing my dinner, I noticed something red in the Cedar hedge behind our back yard. I quickly put my dishes in the dishwater and got my camera. Unfortunately the glass back door was poorly affecting the photos, so I very slowly and carefully opened the door. It started singing it's familiar song pichew pichew tiw tiw tiw tiw tiw tiw. Max, my dog has very sensitive ears and he didn't know what this sound was so he barked. Very surprisingly it didn't fly away, it just moved to a branch inside the tree (cardinals are usually very timid.) But I wasn't complaining about this daring cardinal because I was able to get many clear photos and videos of it. Then I went upstairs to write a blog post about it.
Total Names of Birds Seen:
Northern Cardinal
Ring-billed Gull
Dark-eyed Junco
Total Number of Birds Seen: 3 specie(s) of birds
Goodbye,
Birdman
Check out my other blog http://birdman-birdquiz.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Sam. I think we are going to see this guy ( the Northern Cardinal) around here a lot.

Birdman said...

Hello,

Anonymous-I see them almost every evening in our back yard. I chose yesterday to write a blog post about them, because I got a very close encounter this time.

Goodbye,
Birdman

omalois said...

Now I understand why you eat facing the outside - you never want to miss a new bird sighting :-) The cardinal was very beautiful and it's coloring so very vivid.