Monday, April 9, 2007

Cardinals and Blue Jays

On Easter Sunday I got a new tripod for my digital camera! I took many pictures with it of Northern Cardinals and similar birds.

I am seeing lots of Song Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos which are in the sparrow family. Sometimes the Song Sparrows sound like chickadees (fee-bee-ye). So I get ready to take a picture of a chickadee when, a Song Sparrow(s) comes. Then I end up taking a picture of a Song Sparrows.

We drove my grandma and papa to the airport yesterday afternoon. They are on their way to Phoenix, Arizona. After dropping them off we saw, Red-tailed and Red-shouldered Hawks. They were perched by the road (not beside each other).

This morning I took some pictures of Blue Jays which are so good at mimicking. I know people say they are expert mimics, but now I truly believe them because I heard the Blue Jays.

I will try to put some pictures on the blog sometime soon.

Tomorrow I am going back to school.

13 comments:

omalois said...

Birdman what an interesting blog you did today. At first I thought you were going to write about some sports teams when I read your title:-) Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Birdman said...

Hello, omalois :-)
Maybe I should of said they were birds. I'll get the pictures soon.

bye,
birdman

Unknown said...

Hi Birdman,

What an exciting weekend you had. Papa is proud of you and your blog, your doing an excellent job...I too am looking forward to seeing some of your bird photos...Bye till tomorrow...

Birdman said...

Hello, papajosephc
Thank You and I will get those pictures soon.
Bye,
Birdman

Ruth said...

A tripod sure helps when taking pictures. Hope you can post some pictures soon!
Ruth

Birdman said...

Hello, body soul and spirit
Today I saw a Brown Creeper and Wood Duck. But no pictures.
bye,
birdman

cyclops said...

hiya,Birdman

cool blog. i cant wait till you put pics up

bye,
cyclops

Birdman said...

Hello, cyclops
those pictures will be up there soon.
Bye,
birdman

cyclops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cyclops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cyclops said...

ok Birdman check your e-mail when you get the chance

serendipity said...

You are very blessed to have a Dad who will go on nature walks with you before school in the morning.What a wonderful way to start your day. What kind of cereal did you have with you?

Birdman said...

Hello, serendipity

We bring a cereal with granola and rasin from the grocer.
Bye,
birdman